Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cycling in Dublin




As those who follow twitter or my blog know I like to walk and to cycle. My schedule doesn’t allow for me to do these as often as I would like but when the opportunity presents itself I jump in with both feet.

This is bike week. It’s an annual event organised here and elsewhere around the world to promote cycling and through it encourage a healthier life style for citizens. Wednesday was the third annual Dublin City Lunchtime Cycle event for workers who spend their days in and around the centre of the city.

Along with a half dozen comrades from the Dáil I joined thousands of others in bright beautiful sunshine to take the 5k cycle from Grand canal Square.

The craic was good and it was a thoroughly enjoyable half hour. A great way to see Dublin and stay healthy.

No comments:

Share